Monday, November 17, 2008

Hard times

I hate having to grow up. However, life doesn't give us the choice. These are hard times for our family...and I know we are not the exception. There are many out there just like us. The economical strain has had a tremendous impact on my man's business and has called for BIG changes in our lives. We are looking for extra jobs to earn money and any and every way to save money. Of course I don't like this at all...but, I am finding this odd determination that is really refreshing. I know God will bless us and provide for us...however, HE also may ask us to sacrifice and be uncomfortable too.
Yesterday Ava and I were not feeling well. We stayed home from church and battled through this bug that was viciously attacking our tummies. Anyway, it was cold in our house. This has been the case for the past few weeks because we are trying to save on the power bill. Shep teases me and tells me to throw on another jacket so layering has been popular around here. Well, because I wasn't feeling well, I was pouting about not having the heat on. I wanted to be nice and toasty without having to layer my clothes inside my house.
Shep got home from church (he had to go teach Sunday school) and immediately went outside and started chopping wood. He chopped up a good bit, brought it to the deck, came in and built an awesome fire. It was beautiful. It smelled good and reminded me of the things I loved about cold weather. In no time at all we were all in the floor huddled together right in front of that fire. God prompted my heart to look around and be grateful. Had I had my way...the heat would have been on but we would not have all been huddled together. Thank you for the hard times and sweet memories.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Andrea,

I hope that you and Ava are feeling better. You were missed on Sunday morning.

Always keeping your family in prayer. It has been such a blessing to go back and read all of Caroline's story from the beginning.

I wish there was something that I could do to help with the hard times that your family is facing right now, unfortuntaly I'm in the same position myself. I can pray though and know that you are in my prayers.

Steph