Thursday, November 20, 2008

Quick update on the family







Ava and I have battled the tummy bug this past week. That was a ton of fun..let me tell you. On top of that, we have also had several little Ava "melt-downs". Those moments when you are frantically looking around for your parenting manual. :>) She and I are so much alike. I have said it before, but she truly is my mini-me. She pushes the same buttons of mine that I remember pushing with my mother. What is it that people always say, "you pay for your raising"? Aside from the minor "melt-downs", she is a gem. She can warm you up in an instant with her sweetness.

Little Zeke is too much. He has found his little voice and his feet. His very high pitched squeals are such fun and a common sight at our house is to see him on the floor trying to put his feet into his mouth. This is such a fun age and I am trying with everything in me to savor it because it is already going by too quickly!! He loves baby food and of course anyone can look at him and tell he doesn't miss any meals. He is our delight!!

Caroline is just rockin and rollin these days. Nothing really new to tell. She has been such a laughing girl here lately. Everything and anything has gotten her tickled. If you have ever been lucky enough to see her laughing hard with her shoulders bouncing up and down then you know the pleasure it brings to anyone watching her. She hasn't really done anything new for me lately...the little stinker. Don't let that fool you. She usually doesn't want to do what I ask her to, but that doesn't mean she isn't able to.

I am amazed to watch my floundering faith. At times I feel so full of faith and nothing in the world seems out of reach. Then, it happens. You have a period of time that just seems kind of drab. Nothing new, nothing exciting, nothing to tell, and if you are not careful the faith follows the feelings on their downward spiral. This is where the test becomes real. Hasn't God done enough? Why do I always insist on more?? At this place....my feelings are my enemy. I have to say what I know. God is good! God knows what is best for me! God is in complete control! God is going to heal Caroline, even though that couldn't feel farther from the truth! God delights in me! I am the apple of His eye! My hope is in Him alone! He will never leave nor forsake me!

I (we) have got to recognize the difference b/w what feels real to us and what we KNOW!

Lord, forgive my doubtful and fretting moments. They are but hay and stubble to you. They are also sinful. Give me more faith and help me be completely satisfied by You!!

By the way, I didn't update on my man! He is awesome...as always! He is the highlight of my day-----everyday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My grandkids are just beautiful....thank you Jesus for such precious little ones. They bring much joy to my life. Momma