Thursday, October 8, 2009

Another answer....

So....in my last post I asked God to encourage me about my girl (that would be Caroline) and HE did!!!

The VERY NEXT DAY her teacher called from school because she was in her gait trainer (like a big walker) and she was walking in it by herself. It was slow going...but it was ALL HER....that is a first!!!! Usually a teacher or her therapist has to help push her....

Thank you Jesus for that encouragement. Thank you also for teachers who teach in the public school system who cry and get excited when they see your children making great strides.

Thank you also for encouragement from your Word. Hebrews 3:7-14

So, as the Holy Spirit says
Today, if you hear his voice,
do not harden your hearts
as you did in the rebellion,
during the time of testing in the desert,
where your fathers tested and tried me
and forty years saw what I did.
That is why I was angry with that generation,
and I said, 'Their hearts are always going astray,
so they have not known my ways.
So I declared an oath in my anger,
They shall never enter my rest.'

See to it, brothers that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness. We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first.

I am in the desert and I don't want to allow my heart to grow hard or to let my heart go astray. This passage spoke strongly to me....it was a warning, a challenge, and an encouragement all at the same time!!

Lastly, I wish you all could have been flies on the wall during our bedtime routine with the girls. It was too funny. Ava has been having bad dreams so in addition to our prayers we decided to also start doing a devotion time. As we got ready to start our devotional time tonight we told Ava (and Caroline) how any time they got scared that they could talk to Jesus out loud or sing songs to him. Ava began to ask us to sing her songs that we knew about Jesus...

-Jesus loves me
-I've got the joy,joy,joy, joy down in my heart
-Jesus love the little children
-Deep and wide
(we must have gotten a little bit giddy on this one because me and Shep both began singing and doing the hand motions. It was as if we were stepping right back into children's church or something....needless to say....it was a hit!!

Thank you Jesus for laughter and silliness. Thank you for fun memories. Thank you for my heritage growing up in church and learning songs about you. Thank you for allowing everything to go well today. Thank you for daily provision. Thank you for helping me be thankful....on my own I am a bag full of wants....but through You....I can be truly thankful!!

2 comments:

Jacquelyn Ray said...

Way to go God and Way to go Caroline! He will continue to encourage you A! I can remember a time where I had thought I had no choice but to give up on God changing things...BUT HE WILL SHOW UP! I didn't know that I was going to have to wait until the 7th rehab for Jody to be set free and by number 6 I was exhausted and beat down. But His timing is perfect and you will look back and know that the moments you are facing right now, are the ones that will allow you to never be the same again! I have an everlasting bond and love for you and will continue to pray and speak your name to the Father UNTIL the breakthrough that is needed comes! There is more of Him inside you than you realize....DON'T BACK DOWN!!!!

Anonymous said...

That's my girl!!! I miss her so much and every time we ride near your house, the kids are so excited to talk about Caroline and what God has planned for her!!! Just remember leftie, rightie, rightie, leftie...She has not forgotten and neither has our Father!Heather