Friday, October 23, 2009

Stargazers

This is a picture taken by me of Shep and myself staring at the stars on Wednesday morning just before daylight. We got snuggled in some warm clothes, took a blanket and laid in our driveway at 5:50 a.m. We wanted to watch our Creator God do His thing and enjoy the meteor shower.
It was fun! We wanted to see a lot more than we did but we got to see a handful of shooting stars.
I think what I enjoyed more than the stars was just being quiet and snuggled with Shep. There was something too cool about being out there when no one else was...kind of like the world around us hadn't woken up and we didn't want it to.
Of course, I should know better than to ask God to help me overflow with thankfulness.
What was I thinking??(my last blog entry!!)
I have been to the doctors office 5 times this week.
Me-twice (possibly gall bladder issues)
Zeke- double ear infection
Ava- severe sinus infection
Caroline-dentist appt. (very difficult with her)
On top of all of that....life continues to just be hard. I wish there was another word that accurately describes it but "hard" is probably best.
So, in my best attempt to be thankful and not lose my mind during my present circumstances...I am going to be thankful for God's Word.
Ps. 18: 16-19
"He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
he drew me out of the deep waters,
He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
from my foes, who were too strong for me.
They confronted me in the day of disaster,
but the LORD was my support.
He brought me out into a spacious place;
he rescued me because he delighted in me."

No comments: