Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The key

Shep and I have been talking about contentment a lot lately.

Are you content?

I feel like on any given day I whine about so much I want or don't have.

Anyway, Shep said to me the other night that he felt the key to contentment was thankfulness.

As God often does.....He confirmed this with scripture.

I am mentoring a girl about 8 years younger than me and she had suggested that we memorize Colossians 2:6-7.

See if you get the message too....

"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thanksgiving."

Dang that is good!

Those verses could preach all by themselves.

I try to be very transparent on this blog. Live out my faith so to speak....

Man, I have got questions. Big ones.

But I believe God is handing me a key here.

Andrea, continue on in Me...
Be rooted and built up in Me..
I can strengthen you in faith by My Word...
Could you just do something for me???

Overflow.

Overflow with thanksgiving. Overflow because of
salvation
grace
peace
My Presence
My pursuit of you
Shep
Caroline
Ava
Zeke
your amazing family
your enduring friends
the roof over your head
the transportation you have
the food you eat

Need I go on??

God, help me overflow for you today!!

2 comments:

Tess said...

Amen, Amen & Amen!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

My new sister in Christ send this via facebook...
youtube...Hillsong-desert song-with subtitles/lyrics
Goes with your new post.
enjoy