Thursday, October 29, 2009

Scary

Can Christmas really be only 2 months away?

It is not even Halloween yet and I am exhausted...so are all of my friends.

Yes, this is the busy season of my life.

I feel like it is passing so quickly that my vision is blurred by it.

These past two weeks have been unusually busy for me...kid's getting sick....school parties...costumes to wear...gifts to buy....my gall bladder acting up....dinners to fix...bumps and bruises to kiss...oh yeah....and don't forget to love the Lord your God with all your heart...and have an amazing marriage....and raise incredibly grateful and disciplined kids.

Scary, isn't it!!??!!

We act like this isn't really how our lives are. But it is.

And let me be the first to tell you that I have fallen----hook, line, and sinker----for the devil's scheme. I have put down God's Word and put off my prayer time in exchange for what I thought was some peace of mind.

Doesn't the devil tell you that?? You need some "you" time.

Actually the "you" time usually turns into "doing" even more and stressing out over all the isn't done. That is how it has been for me.

In reality, I am exchanging His peace for my pleasure. Two totally different things.

The truth of it is....being peace filled takes time. Time we don't act like we have. Time that we act like is too precious to use on useless things like peace.

The enemy is sly. He knows just how to sell it to us.

Anyway, my confession is finished. I have acknowledged the lie I believed.

I can't run through the express aisle with God expect to be filled to overflowing with all that He has to offer. I want to though. And if I could I would.

The question is will I MAKE TIME when there seems to be so little of it?

Lord, sometimes I am scared when I think of how easily I put down the things You think are important because I am busy, or because my children get sick. Those are the times I need you most. Please help me stay diligent. Help me prioritize my time with You. Help me to know that it is more important than my marriage, my children, or any duties in my life. Please forgive me for letting my life get too busy for You. I know me and I am sure this will happen again...pull me in close quickly. Don't let me be okay with going days without You.

1 comment:

Steph said...

You don't have to be a busy Mom with a husband and kids to fall for that lie. I fall the same lie all the time, my "reasons" are just different. For me it is school, work, and serving (even though that is a good thing that I should do, sometimes I still allow that to stop me from the BEST thing).

I find that this time of year I really have to be on guard. Trust me, I'm not always successful either. Praying you always!!!

Love you,
Steph