Friday, April 23, 2010

Antsy....

I get to head down to First Baptist Woodstock tomorrow for some serious teaching by Beth Moore....and some kicking praise and worship by Travis.

Do I ever need it??!!??

Shopping used to do this for me. It is sad, but really true.

I have told people repeatedly that if I could have any job on earth...I would be a singer.

My next pick for a job would be a professional shopper. (Yes, there are such jobs. I love dressing people. I do this for a few of my close friends.....love it!)

Don't get me wrong. I still love to shop...especially if a bargain is to be had. But, these days I prefer sitting under the anointed teaching of God's Word. It thrills me like finding a great pair of shoes 80% off and the good part is I never get buyer's remorse and His Word never goes out of style.

Anyway, I am just antsy.

I am overcome with expectation for a word from my Lord.

I also just love being in the midst of hungry women seeking God with all of their hearts. Sometimes when I attend these kinds of events I just become a spectator. I just take it all in with my eyes and ears. I wonder if God in heaven feels as overcome as I do as He takes in the praises of His girls. It is the most beautiful sight. (I am sure I freak some women out because I seriously do stare...but not in a bad way...I just love watching thousands of women kneel, cry, raise their hands, fall on their faces, and lift their voices.)

We women live everyday striving to do better, be better, look better, work harder, understand more...but for these moments all together...we are the same:
humble servants soaking up the lavish love from a Holy God.

We don't have to be wife, mother, daughter, aunt, friend, co-worker, niece, or anything else. Our only obligation is to receive from the One who makes us whole.

I am ready.

"How good it is to sing praises to our God,
how pleasant and fitting to praise Him!

He heals the broken-hearted and binds up their wounds.

He determines the number of stars
and calls them each by name.

Great is our Lord and mighty in power;
his understanding has no limit."
Ps. 147 1,3,4-5

1 comment:

Steph said...

I wish I could have made it, but by the time I found out about it they were already sold out. Probably for the best, I really don't have the money to spend on a ticket right now anyway and I have final exams coming up and as much as I need to be in God's Word I also have to be into math.

Love you,
Steph