Monday, April 26, 2010

Heavy

It is Monday morning and I think it is safe to say that I am finally waking up fully after digesting the rich food that my soul was able to digest on Saturday.

I have one word to say about the whole day: HEAVY.

The topic was HEAVY.

Beth brought a message that was no doubt inspired by the Holy Spirit that left me reeling and affirmed at the same time.

The umbrella topic was a spring board from her new book, So Long Insecurity, and including the simulcast locations.....over 300,000 ladies tuned in to have their toes stepped on and their hearts healed with God's love.

The Presence of God was also HEAVY.

As I sat in my seat watching the countdown and waiting for everything to begin....I could just feel the anticipation in the air. I couldn't wait to praise Him! I couldn't wait to enter into His Presence! I couldn't wait to watch Him work in those around me. I couldn't wait to feel His touch.

I wasn't disappointed.

No sooner than the first note of the first song was played... my eyes began to spill over with tears that I didn't know were so close.

I praise you Lord from the depths of this once depressed and beat down heart. I am alive in You. I am free in You. I never knew that I would want to talk to You first in the morning and last before going to sleep. I live to please You. I desire to know You more. Thank you for pin pointing my insecure trigger points. Thank you for giving me the grace to overcome any insecurity I may have.

"When life is heavy and hard to take, go off by yourself. Enter the silence. Bow in prayer. Don't ask questions: Wait for hope to appear. Don't run from trouble. Take it full-face. The "worst" is never the worst."
Lamentations 3:28
The Message

No comments: