Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Her five year old faith


This past Saturday Ava and I were discussing her favorite flip-flops.
She outgrew most of her flip-flops from last year. And...because they are very cheap...I have bought her several different colors for this year.
(they are a summer staple around here)
She told me that the purple ones were her favorite and that the pink ones were just ok. In fact, I could just let Caroline have the pink ones.
As nice as that was, (Ava giving Caroline her rejects) I told her that until God healed Caroline she couldn't really wear flip flops.
Ava whirled around with her little hands on her hips and said, "Mom....you mean WHEN God heals Caroline!"
And I said, "Ava, you are right baby. WHEN God heals Caroline."
I stand corrected!

2 comments:

Steph said...

I love Ava's faith in this story. Obviously you and Shep are doing a great job of showing her what it means to trust God!

Love you,
Steph

Tess said...

AMEN!!! GO AVA!!!