Friday, May 25, 2012

Unexpected. Faith tucked into a wall....

I saw a scripture that has always fascinated me the other day.  It wasn't until I saw it again that I remembered my fascination.

1 John 21:25 says, "And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written."

Does that grip anyone else?

I mean I have read the accounts in God's Word of pretty spectacular things.  Raising the dead, the lame leaping to their feet, a leper's spots vanish, a mute mouth speaking, eyes blinded since birth opened to a radiant world, and heart's finding their Savior all come to mind easily when I think of Jesus' ministry on this Earth.

But what about all that isn't written down?

Could your mind just begin to fill in the blanks.....

If He is infinitely more than all we can imagine then I bet we couldn't really begin to guess ALL that He did here.

But it is exciting to know that there is no containing Him.  My soul finds great solace in that.

I ask Him frequently to encourage me.

He knows my heart.  He knows my thoughts. He knows my feeble attempt at a big faith.

I happen to believe that Caroline's healing will be another story that would go into the books that should be written of what Jesus has done.  Maybe that is the real point of this blog....to keep a written account.

  He has never stopped healing....and He doesn't just stop with physical handicaps and disabilities.  He heals our minds and hearts.  Those, I have found, are the most important of all. 

Anyway, back to asking Him to encourage me....

I ask often.  He answers.  Sometimes that very day something will happen.  Then, sometimes, he does something totally UNEXPECTED.

Wednesday night I received a call from a friend.  She just wanted to let me know that her parents had recently taken a trip to the Holy Land.  (These people know me and know our story second hand.  They just happen to adhere to big faith too.) Upon visiting the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem, this woman had written my Caroline's name on a piece of paper and stuck it inside that ancient wall....fulling asking and believing for her healing. 

Now it is one thing for me to step out and offer an act of faith for my child.  But, it is huge deal for someone who barely knows me to feel prompted to act on their faith for my child.

Pretty amazing.  Utterly encouraging.

Without any prior knowledge on my part, God answered my prayer for encouragement through a person who loves Him and doesn't know me well at all.

THAT is just how incredible He is to us!

Right now....in Jerusalem there is a little piece of paper stuck into a crevice of the massive Wailing Wall with Caroline's name on it.

Just the thought gives me chills.  Not that proximity means anything...but I love knowing that her name is there.  On His turf somehow.  Makes me smile.

If THAT weren't special and sacred on its own....I am blown away at the faith and obedience of a woman who was willing to place it there...full of faith. 

I never would have thought that God would answer my prayer for encouragement in such a wild and out-of the way way.

But, then again, He cannot be contained.  Amen and Amen!






1 comment:

Tess said...

HE CANNOT BE CONTAINED. YES, AMEN! Oh I love JESUS! Beautiful post sister.