Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Copper Leaved Trees

I am pretty sure this is day 4 of straight rain.....with day 5 looking the exact same.

Sometimes winter gives us stretches of time just like this.

You know the sun has to be out somewhere but gray is all you can see.

Rain is good.

I know this.

But day after day of gray and rain isn't so good for my demeanor.

I think I tend to shine a little brighter when there is sun shining.

Anyway I was out running errands and I caught a glimpse of something.

At first it was a glimpse but then I set in on really noticing the beauty of it.

Copper leaved trees....

Shep pointed these out to me not too long ago.

I am confident that he told me the kind of trees that these happen to be...but I have forgotten that piece of information.  Go figure....

Most wooded areas right now are barren...except for evergreens....and then these marvelous little trees that have copper colored leaves.

I promise you will see them....if you have eyes and want to take the time.

Find a patch of woods.

At first all your eyes will see are the barren trees.  Branches that have lost the luster....but if you stare a bit longer you will then focus on what remains.

A treasure.

Beautiful copper colored leaves...

Life persevering in the foul elements of winter and continuing to give our eyes a feast to enjoy.

They won't jump out at you.

In fact...you will even miss them if you don't intentionally focus.

A lesson lives here.

Let's not miss the treasures that can be found in darkness.  Simple stoic sparks of life that nourish us when death surrounds.  Let's live and persevere in the winter seasons....knowing that new life awakens again.  The seemingly endless rains and cold winds nourish our roots and strengthen us for renewed purposes.

Don't miss the copper leaves for the barren trees.....


 James 4:8  "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you."


No comments: