Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Togetherness

Christmas and New Years holidays have a theme to me:  togetherness

You are usually in close proximity with people you love or you want to be.

(That is the case for me with my grandparents.  They enjoyed Christmas in heaven but I would've liked to have stolen them back for a day just to smell, feel, laugh, and see them again.)

Parties, get-togethers, socials, occasions, pot-lucks, and services seem to bring us all together.  They fill my calendar up in the month of December.  At the time....it seems like too much.  Conflicts and chaos seem like the words that rise to my mind in all of the planning of December. 

But then you sit here on January 2, 2013 and think, "I can't believe it is all behind me now.  And I am so glad we had the chaos and worked out the time conflicts."  

Because along with it came some togetherness.

 My two gorgeous nieces.  I married Shep and they were just little bitty things.  I think they were just 2 and 4.  Now one is a freshman in college and the other a senior in high school. 
 My second mama (Shep's mom), Shep's sister, and two of the three that were blessed to marry into that clan.
 Close cousins and fast friends.  They are just a year apart in age....their bond is precious. 
 Caroline getting a kiss from Mr. Jason.  He is a long-standing favorite.  He used to kiss her like this when she was just a baby.
 Two friends who hold a place in my heart that no other could fill.  D and Lulu (not their names...but what I call them!)
These kids have had no choice but to love one another.  Their parents are together a lot.  So...they have been together since birth.  They are each so different but compliment each other so well.  
 I am amazed we pulled this picture off.  Thank you Shep.  My best friends....stand with us...believe with us...hope with us...walk beside us...push us...challenge us...encourage us...build our faith.
 More cousins.  This was Christmas Eve...excitement was in the air!
 My parents and brothers...along with significant others!
 My daddy...with my goofball brother trying his best to sneak up behind us.
 My man.  Yum Yum.  I like getting as close as I can to this goodlooking thing!
 My Ava!
 My Zeke!
My Caroline!
All three....enjoying some togetherness!

Merry Christmas 2012 and Happy New Year 2013~


No comments: