Thursday, January 24, 2013

To End.....And Begin Again

Endings make me a little sad.

Well, that isn't exactly true.

Not all endings make me sad....

~the end of a dental cleaning~
~the end of a boring lecture~
~the end of potty training my kids~

Some endings indeed bring a smile.  Maybe even a dance.

But there is an ending in my life that is BITTERsweet.

I have facilitated bible studies on Thursday mornings at my church for the past 8 years.

Just typing that last line brings a host of memories swirling around in my mind. 

Oh the amazing women I have met!

Oh the spiritual battles that have been won!

Oh the talks, the prayers, and confessions that those walls hold!

Oh the growth that occured by women willing to dig deep in the treasure house that is God's Word!

Oh~ I can't stand to think of myself not doing it!

Through DVD studies we have cut our teeth on some hard biblical truth taught boldly by Beth Moore, Jennifer Rothschild, Kelly Minter, and Priscilla Shirer.

I love getting to the church early.
I love setting up the room and starting some praise music.
I love praying for the ladies who will come and anticipating what God will do that day.
I love having the "chill bump" moments when God launches a biblical bomb of truth right in your lap for your immediate circumstances.
I just plain love it.

But GOD has decided to end it.

And (exhale) I am truly ok with it.

He hasn't led me away to do nothing.....He has led me away to do something else.

I have been offered a job at a local faith based ministry in town.  I volunteer there already.  But God decided that my time there should be expanded even more.

Seriously y'all...I get to tell people about Jesus....love on them in Jesus' name and even get paid a little bit.

I have no idea where this opportunity will lead or what else God has in store for me.

I just know that this is very right.

I am ending one thing to begin again.

My prayer is that 8 years of soaking in biblical teaching will spill out on the very ones I minister to now.

That is His way after all.

He wastes nothing.

Our time and experiences are meant to inspire, uplift, encourage and challenge others.

To every woman who has ever graced the door of the ladies bible study~ thank you for sojourning with me.  It has been nothing less than a blast to sit with you at the feet of Jesus. 

Onward and upward trusting the One who has called me will equip me!


No comments: