Monday, June 17, 2013

Fill in the blank with HOPE

My most favorite thing about God is hope.

It lets us dare to believe.

Hope means there is a way yet to be discovered.

Hope says that this isn't the end.

Hope breathes life into death.

Hope sheds light into darkness.

Hope inspires.  Hope helps the lingering questions.

I sat in a peer training group tonight and listened to fellow students tell of real people that have lived, and are living, devastating lives.

These stories involve people who have been abused, mistreated, abandoned,betrayed, hurt, and broken in ways you and I wouldn't want to imagine.

I was moved deeply.  I felt angry with righteous indignation.  I wanted some form for justice.

But to each story there is a blank to be filled in ____________________ and it can be filled with glorious HOPE.

Our past, self-inflicted or otherwise, does not have to be our undoing.

 Hope can fill in any blank.

Our present and our future can be defined by HOPE.

This is the trump card of following Jesus.  If you are His child He longs move heaven and earth to delight you.

He dares us to HOPE.

He says, "Trust Me.  Walk with Me.  Listen to My voice.  Hide My Word in your heart.  Obey My commands.  In return....I will fill you to overflowing with a hope that you can't explain or contain.  Let Me thrill you, child."

Who doesn't want that?!?

A crumbling marriage needs _______________________.
A depressed heart needs __________________________.
A diseased body yearns for ________________________.
The parent of a wayward child must have ________________________.
A life torn apart by sin is drawn to __________________________.

~HOPE~

Fill in your blank.  Whatever it is.  His HOPE will not disappoint.  It cannot.  Hope always expects...with confidence.

To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.  Colossians 1:27

No comments: