Thursday, June 6, 2013

Watch....AND PRAY

Do you ever find yourself completely amazed at an old concept?

I have been a believer of Jesus since the tender age of 9.  I know that as believers we engage in spiritual warfare.  I know that we should be bathed in prayer.  I know that we should arm ourselves with the Word of God and hide it deep within our hearts.

I know these things.

But, as I live and breathe, I totally minimize the importance of these things.

Yesterday I was talking to my mom about some obvious ways that my family is under attack spiritually.

As I spoke the words I found myself....almost surrendered.  My flesh is so so weak.

I didn't even want to fight.

Isn't that just like us?!?

The battle for our minds is upon us and we give up before we even engage.

God did the coolest thing though.

Instead of letting me go down the road of complete despair and self-pity, He allowed the words of a song to rush to my lips.

Even I was surprised how quickly they came out....

"He never promised that the cross would not get heavy
and the hill would not be hard to climb.
He never offered our victories without fighting 
but He said help would always come in time.
So just remember when you're standing in the valley of decision,
and the adversary says, "give in", just hold on....
my God will show up.
And He will take you through the fire again."

This morning my scripture was out of Matthew.  Jesus words hit me fresh and new because I needed the reminder.

"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation.  The spirit is willing, but the body is weak." Matthew 26:41

Our bodies are weak.  We will fall into temptation.  So we must pray!

Yesterday alone I was tempted by doubt.  Fear.  Insecurity.  Sin.  Weakness.  Anger.  Jealousy.  Resentment.  Unbelief.  Pride.

So watch.  Be on guard.  Use your eyes and allow the Holy One to warn you of chinks in your armor. 

I learned these concepts as a child in church. 

I am still learning them as an adult...only now they are more real to me.

If you will watch....you will begin to see all that needs prayer.



No comments: