Monday, June 3, 2013

A Double Portion

May's end and June's beginning have been somewhat of a blur to me....

School got out.  Zeke celebrated a birthday.  Our sweet niece graduated.  Memorial Day was upon us.  I have had to work a few more days here and there to fill in for friends who are vacationing.  Last Thursday marked our 15th wedding anniversary.  Friday and Saturday followed with a wonderful Living Proof Conference with Beth Moore teaching approximately 8500 gals desperate for God's Word.

See what I mean?  

Calendar days have been full around here.  Catching my breath to prepare for just the next thing has been fun and frenzied.

Blogging about it has been a rare occurrence.  I am hoping to slow down and catch up soon.

BUT.....I couldn't let another day pass by without expressing my gratitude to God for my double portion of blessing this weekend.

Hitting the 15 year mark of marriage to my best friend is a big deal.

We went out to dinner and savored our quiet moments without the kids.

We laughed and talked about some of our favorite moments in marriage.  Of course we laughed about some of our not so favorite moments too.

If nothing else...we are a work in progress.

We are learning....but we never stop choosing to love as we go.

We are committed to God.  He brought us together.  He keeps us together. 

I am honestly amazed at how my love for Shep is deeper than I ever thought it could be.  Respect has a lot to do with that.  He has never given my heart any reason to doubt him.  He is kind and honest to all...especially me.  He leads our entire family by example.  I am truly his biggest fan. 

Our ride together has taken turns we never dreamed of and certainly wouldn't have chosen.  But we are choosing to squeeze the good out of hard times.  There are lessons built in that change and mold us into the image of Jesus.  That, of course, is the ultimate goal anyway.





The second blessing of this weekend was getting away to a conference for some intense bible teaching, prayer, and praise.

I cannot express what it did for my heart. 

Conviction was there but mercy and grace overtook me as I received all of the encouragement that God bestowed. 

Beth's teaching was on time.  Challenging to hear but my spirit was ready. 

God is such a delightful mystery to me.

The closer I get to Him the more amazed I am by Him.

It is the pleasure of my life to worship and adore Him.

Oh Father thank you for my double portion of blessing this weekend.  15 years of blessed marriage is all because of You.  I ask that You continue to forge us close as husband and wife.  Let us live and work and play and give and trust in a manner that pleases You.  Increase my love for Shep.  Help me be the wife, friend, and helper You designed me to be.  Show favor upon Shep's life.  Keep him close to You always.
Thank you also for my time away to learn and grow in your Word.  I am completely captured by You, God.  You astound me.  Your choice to use me is humbling.  I depend upon Your Word to guide me.  I trust You when I cannot feel You.  I am truly devoted.  Help me love You more.  Help me trust You more.  Let me be satisfied by You alone.

No comments: