Saturday, June 15, 2013

The Blur of Summer

I cannot believe Shep posted that blog this past Monday and here I sit on Saturday evening.

We have just wrapped up our third full week of summer and, so far, it feels like a complete blur.

Shep and I have celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary. 
Zeke and Caroline have turned another year older.
We have also squeezed in a fun movie, several trips to the pool, library visits, and an entire week of VBS at church.

I always teach music (which means tons of movement and motions) to our K-5th grade during VBS week.

The kids love it and I do too.

It is just exhausting on a whole new level for me.  Thankfully it only lasts a week.

As happy as I am to kick off VBS...I am also that happy to wrap it up.

This week begins our ladies summer bible study, Ava's dance camp, dentist visits, and preparation for our family vacation. 

See...the blur continues.

As always God is doing some new things in our home.

I am watching Him increase my faith and my desire to pray in unexpected ways.
Shep and I continue to do our morning devotion and prayer time.  I have been amazed at how this simple little thing has built a new level in our lives.  It is hard.  The enemy hates it.  But it has been hugely worth the effort. 

God always is.

Hopefully I will be able to blog more often as the blur slows into focus again....


No comments: