Tuesday, January 13, 2009

He chooses to forget

I have approximately 10 minutes to write a few words about what God shared with me this morning in my brief and groggy prayer time...Ava will be at my side in no time and then my day will be off to the races.

I have begun a new Bible study and we are talking about discovering the gift of salvation and the treasures that go along with salvation...reconciliation and redemption...so far. I was thanking the Lord for these things that I daily take for granted. He hit me with a few thoughts. He knows that as a parent I get frustrated with things that my kids do. I remember things that they have done to disobey me. I think about those things and try to think of ways that I can alter their behavior...sometimes I get aggravated all over again. (especially if I think of their disobedience somehow hurting me or something I own...like Ava breaking my favorite lamp because she was doing something she knew not to do)
Isn't that crazy? Talk about water under the bridge. It is done. Why think about their failures and faults.
Then he did it!! He showed me in His quiet way that He doesn't do that! He allows Himself (the all-knowing One) to forget every way that I have wronged Him.
That prideful thought...
That gossip on the phone...
That gripping fear that leads to questioning Him and His ways...
Those skeletons in my closet...
The repeated disobedience in areas of my life....
The judgemental attitude of others...
The jealousy....
The discontentment...
The lack of trust...

ALL OF IT!!! He chooses not to remember it and doesn't hold it against me.
Thank you Lord for these kind words to my heart this morning. I am tasting that you are good...I praise Your holy name.
Help me "press in" to You...You alone know how badly I need you.

Ps. 103: 2-4, 11-13

"Praise the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits-
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion

For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his love for those who fear him;
as far as the east is from the west,
so far has he removed our transgressions from us
As a father has compassion on his children,
so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him;
for he knows how we are formed,
he remembers that we are dust."

1 comment:

marjorieellen said...

This Jan. 13th blog was great, just what I needed to prioritize my prayer requests. The "big" problems I know I can't handle, ergo, off they go to the Lord for help, but oh, those "little" foxy ones trick me. Holy Spirit alerts me, tho, so I can take those to the Lord for help, too.
Thank you, sweet Andrea, for sharing your day.
God is big in your life
marje