Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Little joys




Big news at our house...

Ava can finally skate on her own. She has been working at mastering this art for at least a year. It usually ends with her on the floor and me wiping away tears. However, she can now skate around our kitchen on her own. It was a crowning moment for her. I did capture it on camera...the problem was she was only wearing panties and skates....go figure!!

Zeke made his pictorial debut this past Sunday. A group of photographers needed a baby between 6-8 months old that was NOT crawling yet. Zeke landed the job. He was photographed by 4 different photographers who were all learning from each other. He showed off....and let me say I had really prayed that he would be sweet. These pictures were going to be free for me so I really wanted to make the best of the time we had. If you want to check some of them out for yourself go to http://www.cindyharterphotography.com/ and click on "blog". Scroll down until you see 4 pictures of my handsome little man.

Da da da DAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (trying to be dramatic for effect....)

Caroline's front tooth finally broke through the skin. We have really been waiting on this tooth for quite some time. Anyway, she looks too cute and too much like a BIG girl. Hopefully I can post some pictures soon of the tooth making its grand entrance.

I had a big weekend. Friday night I stayed at a lodge with a group of women from my church. The theme was mentoring and becoming women of influence. It was a BIG time ( as my hubby would say). We did personality tests, ate yummy food and stayed up really late. I don't really think I have recovered yet. Can I just say that the teenage girl inside never really dies!?! I was so pumped to stay up and eat Funyons, p-nut m &m's (thanks Mandi D.) and hot tamales. I went on to enjoy other guilty pleasures like watching "What Not to Wear" and painting my nails and toenails in bed. Oh- what fun!!

Anyway, we are off to a new week. I am looking for ways to listen to my Lord and serve others for Him!

No comments: