Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Perfectly Timed Treasure

A lot of life has happened since my last blog.

I made Shep read that last one. He liked the words, but hated the picture...of himself. Anyway, we had a good weekend.

Our Sunday school class got together on Saturday evening for a social. It was such a great time. We got to just sit around, talk, eat, and then....we got our "game" on.

Seriously...we brought board games and cards and just had a ball. You forget how much you enjoy playing games...and how competitive you are. I loved watching people have fun and just laugh. It seems like living in this wretched world we laugh less. Laughter is so good for the soul...

I love the scene in "Steel Magnolias" when all of the women are at the burial site. It was such a sad moment. But right smack in the middle of the sorrow...someone busted out with something too funny to contain. I think that is such a gift from our Father. To simply laugh.

Back to the point of my blog: I wanted to share something cool with you. If you have read my story regarding Caroline then you know that God has chosen many wonderful ways to let me see and believe Him. Dreams...visions...prophetic words...perfectly timed billboards saying something too peculiar...random people praying over Caroline in public...these are some of the ways...not to mention prayer and meditation in His Word.

I say that on purpose. He puts the "out-of-the-box" things right in front of me...I have to choose to believe that they are from Him.

So, after my wonderful date with Shep on Thursday, we devised a prayer plan. Shep and I agreed to go before God with three requests for ourselves and three requests for others. We made these requests very specific because we want specific direction and understanding. As you may imagine...one of the three of our requests was about Caroline.

So, Thursday night I began my praying.

Friday morning I continued praying.

Friday night I went to the church. Several women were gathered to do some scrapbooking. There I was complete with a drawer out of my chest (yes, a drawer...I brought the entire drawer) full of pictures to be organized.

I set out for this project completely focused. I would stop occasionally and show-off different pictures. It was fun...such a girl thing to do.

But (here is the cool part...remember I have been praying specifically about Caroline among other things) tucked in among the pictures was a folded sheet of paper. I opened the paper and read the entire highlighted piece. It was an e-mail from my mom repeating a prophetic word that she had received from a friend regarding us. As the woman stated the prophetic word...my mom had taken notes. It was dated back to 2005. She had written me this e-mail so that I would always have it...to remember...to believe...to hope.

Here is what it said as spoken to my mom:

"Behold I am going to do a new thing. You will soon begin to see improvement in Caroline-in progression (like in your dream when she spoke...and counted...and walked). That is why I allowed you to dream about her. It will be a mighty wonder. I will do a work such as the parting of the Red Sea. There will be mighty warfare requiring much of you. There will be times in this progression of Caroline's healing that seem hopeless and that things are digressing, yet I will prove the words spoken by my prophet are true. Regardless of the circumstances-I will do what I said I would spoken through my prophet. This word is for you to know and believe. Things are going to shift. The days to come will be like a roller coaster ride with many highs and lows. Get ready and hold on. I will bring glory for my name alone. I will also bring healing to you, Andrea, and Shep."

That was written in 2005. I can't tell you how it affects me now in ways it could not have back then. I have lived this...anyone around me knows. They have lived it too.

So...coincidence or providence.

We know the answer. God answers prayer. This treasure was in a drawer stuffed with pictures and cards. My Almighty God knew that on Friday the 17th of April I would need to find it. His timing is priceless.

Thank you Lord for wanting to talk to us. Thank you for keeping it interesting...for using methods that are unusual. You know how to stretch our faith. We are still....awaiting our miracle.

2 comments:

Tess said...

Not a coincidence dear sister... He DOES answer prayer! Praise His name! Hallelujah!!!

Steph said...

Andrea,

Watching you & Shep as you wait and trust God for the healing of Caroline has been such a inspiration and encouragement to me. Thank you for your faithful witness, it has helped me grow in my faith.

God does answer prayer and please know that you continue to be in mine.

Steph