Monday, April 13, 2009

Sweet ending

Easter came and went.

The eggs were abundant and the candy was flowing. (I would always get my Easter basket at my grandmother's house when I was growing up...I loved it!)

It was fun to be around our families. We ate great food, shared funny stories, hid eggs and found them, and held babies.

Our service was so good at church yesterday. The theme of the service was "Easter changes everything". Yes, it does! Our redemption.....our freedom....our righteousness...our victory...our salvation...our hope...our healing...our power...all of it came from Easter.

Easter

You can't think of Easter and the image of the cross not attack your mind. If you have seen "The Passion" then the image of THAT cross flashes before you. I was able to attend a concert Friday night and sing with thousands of other believers many of Chris Tomlin's songs. Chris was leading us in worship through some of my favorites...How Great is our God, Jesus Messiah, and Amazing Grace My Chains Are Gone...

Somehow in the midst of this insane worship there was a still sadness. This was Good Friday. The day our Lord took our place. The day our sin was displayed on a perfect man so that His perfection could be displayed on and in us.

I still can't fathom it.

Maybe because I know myself all too well. I feel like I stay bound up in so many things of this world. I feel like I cheapen the cross.

Anyway, the sweet ending to this Easter weekend actually came this morning...

Ava and I were talking in the car. She began asking me questions about Jesus.

"Can we see Jesus, mama?"
"Why did Jesus die?"
"Do I have Jesus in my heart?"

So sweet and intentional...all of her own volition.

See how He makes Himself known...even in the heart of my 4 year old. She is drawn to Him. She wants to know more about Him.

I was delighted to share with her things that were probably way over her little head. But she listened and I know that He is steadily cultivating the seed that is being planted.

That is why Easter was His plan...to draw us...to win us...to save us.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

It WAS a beautiful service and very moving. You sang like an angel as always. Love, Brenda