Sunday, April 5, 2009

You might be a redneck...

If you live in Georgia and you step outside and think to yourself, "My goodness...I don't see any flies outside". That----my friends----is because they are all INSIDE my house.

We had some company over for dinner Saturday night and we grilled out. During this time we came in and out of the house doing various preparatory things. I saw quickly that tons of flies were coming into my house. We tried to do our best of keeping the door closed but still...so many got in.

Well, if you know me and my O.C.D. tendencies....this drove me crazy! We were trying to entertain our guests and have a good time...meanwhile we got to swat at flies all night.

Just to let you know..I think we killed at least 25 or so Saturday night.

So on Sunday morning as we went about our getting-ready-for-church routine we found many more flies to kill. Let me just say that I am seriously dangerous with a fly swatter. The taste of victory was ever so sweet when I got to kill one....and kill them I did. Even Ava was walking around saying, "I wanna kill the next one!! Let me do it!" We really must have made it look fun!

The rest of the day on Sunday was spent at Shep's parents house. It was fun as always. We got to visit and play and eat...what more could you want??

We returned home around 7:30 or so and to our dismay...the flies that had been hiding...came out to play. Well------------we were ready.

Once we got the kids in bed we took serious action. I was armed with my deadly swatter while my husband was armed with an air rifle.

YES!! You read that correctly...an AIR RIFLE!! Shep taught me just how much damage an air rifle can have on house flies. It literally vaporizes them....pretty cool!

(There were no b-b's or pellets...it was just AIR in the rifle.) Shep was enjoying himself entirely too much singing Willie Nelson's "Turn out the lights" as he killed the flies.

We actually got tickled at ourselves. We went from room to room looking for the slightest motion or dark specks. If the fly made its presence known...it was over.

Anyway....if you've ever kept a tally of who killed more flies...you or your spouse...you might be a redneck.

If you use an air rifle to do it, or sing Willie while you do it....you simply ARE a redneck!!!

4 comments:

Mande said...

How entertaining! I wish I could have been "a fly on the wall!" One you guys missed during your raid, of course! We missed our weekend socializing. Hopefully, we can do it again soon.

Jacquelyn Ray said...

Love it!

Tess said...

HILARIOUS!! I hope they are all gone now! I'm not coming over to pray until they are gone!!! :)

Love ya
T.

Craig said...

I want Shep to teach me the airgun trick!! Never seen that done!!
Tooooo Funny