Tuesday, August 25, 2009

All Gussied up...




Shep and I got the chance to get all "gussied up" for a wedding reception.

I loved the dressing up part.

Shep tolerated it...period.

There are no other arms I love being wrapped up in than his.

He is still my dream. He can make me laugh til my side hurts....and aggravate me to no end.

We even got to dance together on an actual dance floor. For me, the ultimate fairy tale girl, I wanted time to stand still and the rest of the world to go away.

He is the best partner I could ask for or imagine. To know him is to be crazy about him.

In case you are getting nauseated over my bragging...deal with it. There are too too many stories of marriages that are stale, cold, bitter, or end with betrayal.

Why not celebrate a good one? Not perfect....but dang good!!


Proverbs 31:10-12, 27-28

A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.

She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:

I am perfectly content in my role as wife and mother. I lack so many of these things that Proverbs so perfectly describes. However, I do have the "want to" and that is most of the battle, right??

1 comment:

marjorieellen said...

What would I do without your blog?
You and Shep make a darling couple.
God bless both of you!