Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I missed Him today

This is new for me.

Consistency in my prayer time has always been a struggle. The past few days have been different.

I have actually worked my schedule around meeting and praying with Him. It is usually the other way around...I fit Him in whenever I find the time.

Well, guess what?? You are NOT going to find the time.

You can just give that up. The enemy will make sure you are too busy to be with Him. Then if you do happen to have a few minutes to actually pray...you will fall asleep because you have gotten still.

Does that not sound familiar??? Maybe it is just me.

Anyway, getting back to my point. I have found that setting aside a specific time during the day and following through has done something pretty neat.

I think about Him.
I think about praising Him.
I anticipate my time with Him.
I can't wait to get alone with Him...almost a little bit giddy.

Today my schedule was different and I had to make some adjustments. I didn't get that time that I had gotten used to. I prayed throughout the day and read a devotional but there was really nothing beyond the surface.

Do you know that I found myself missing Him?

That may not mean much to you, but I am pretty impressed with Him.

Somehow He has made me want to do the very thing I don't even like doing. Somehow He has made that time a little bit addictive.

I realize that each day holds obstacles and things are always going to pop up. He understands that there are just those days that we can't get it done. But, I do think that we let that happen WAY MORE than we should.

See...He is showing me that I thought I was praying to somehow please Him. Although He is pleased that I pray, that really isn't what He is about at all. I think He loves surprising us. Just like I am surprised that I miss Him.

He knows that once we really have "tasted and seen that He is good", then nothing else can satisfy.

He knows He is addictive. He just wants to let us figure that out on our own.

I think I am getting it. I missed Him today....and I told Him so.

2 comments:

marjorieellen said...

Ouch!!! So, so true! BUT, He never lets up on us.....maybe a day or two, but then the "emptyness" becomes more than we can "cope" with, and our "longing" for Him becomes our main focus of the day. It turns into an exciting adventure, knowing that He will open up the time for that deep relationship to be renewed.

Tess said...

This is awesome!! He's so fascinating and His word is alive. I think we might be getting this "fellowship" thing?!! Glory to Him alone for that!!! You are right that we won't find the time...He blesses our discipline sister!