Friday, August 14, 2009

The "ME" box

Caroline had to turn in a "me" box for school today. It was a bag with 3 items inside that represented Caroline and it was decorated with pictures of Caroline and her favorite people on the outside. She would share this with the class so that they could know her a little better.

That made me think a little...

What would my "ME" box look like?

Well, if I were making it I am sure I would put items in it that would make me look more Godly than I really am.
I would decorate the outside with things that made people notice me or think highly of me.

So sad, I know.

The "Me" box shouldn't say a whole lot about me. It should say a lot about Jesus. He alone is who I live for. He is my next breath. He is my provider. He is my Savior. He is my Healer. He is my friend.

Isn't that our major problem? We want to keep it all about me.
My life.
My children.
My husband.
My purpose.
My needs.

All of those things should be wrapped up and given fully over to Him.

Andrea no longer lives, but Christ lives in her.

Change my "me" to He".

Increase in me Lord...help me to strip away all that I boast in of myself. I turn away from You sometimes before I even realize what I am doing. I give in to pride. I want all things to bend my way. Then I want to turn around and let people see how You have blessed me.
Such arrogance! The enemy makes light of my sin and sometimes I agree with him. God forgive me. I want Christ to shine through me. I realize only in weakness can His power be seen. Keep my mouth closed so I won't say things I shouldn't. Master my mind so that I will think kind, good, and praiseworthy thoughts. I am your vessel. Sorry I am such a mess sometimes. Your patience is unbelievable.

1 Corinthians 1:31 "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."

1 comment:

Tess said...

Such a good word. I pray that I too can daily choose to die more to myself so more of Him will take over. Thanks for sharing this.