Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What a blast!!

Can I tell you how tired I am??
This morning I tried to put the gallon of milk into the microwave instead of the refrigerator.


But...it was soooooooooooo worth it!!

We gathered with thousands of other women and lifted high the name of Jesus.

I absolutely love corporate worship! I love watching other people worship my Lord. I love to see how He has done so much in their lives. I love to watch those who I know are hurting offer Him a sacrifice of praise. It is so sweet to me.

We also got to sit under some serious Bible teaching. God spoke to me several times through these women....

-"Rest is the activity of faith."
-The only way we can really "rest" during life's most difficult moments is to marry the Word of God with our own faith. That will bring us rest.

-We have a "God box" about everything that we believe about God. What He can and won't do...how he acts....how he speaks. We get this God box from our life experiences, our church, our families and friends, other's testimonies, and even our denominations. The problem is we put a lid on our box. God NEVER intended to be boxed in. We limit Him severely when we put the lid on. He wants our boxes to overflow with His surprises for us.

-We have become too familiar with the fundamentals of our faith.
"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations forever and ever! Amen."
-When I pray and ask Jesus for things....do I just ask for the limit? In other words, do I just ask Him for what I can think of or do I say....."just blow me away?"

-God's presence is a FACT and not a FEELING.
-Fellowship with Him stirs the feeling of His divine Presence.

(So often I just want to rush it.....instead He wants fellowship. He wants me to hang out with him....laugh with Him...ask His opinion on things....run to Him when I am crushed by someone or something. Fellowship, just like friendship, cannot be rushed!!)



The picture at the front of this blog was an answer to my previous blog. I had asked God to speak encouragement to the "secret things" in my heart.

One of my biggest secret things is Caroline's healing. I have purposely tried not to dwell on it. I believe that He has asked me to move on. However, moving on doesn't mean forgetting about it.

The arena where the conference was held constantly flashed digital messages. Anyone could text the conference staff prayer requests and they would flash them on these screens. Unbeknown st to me one of my friends had text ed on my behalf. The words simply said, "heal Caroline."

I knew God had used that to speak to me. He wanted me to know that He hasn't forgotten.

Seeing those words posted in big letters in front of all those thousands of ladies was too special for words.

Brandi, thank you for being obedient. I was so blessed.

To my other girls who went along for the ride....I will never forget it. I pray God spoke to you as He did me. You are each so special. Many days you are the very ones who hold me up. I love you.

Next time, let's try not to make so many pit stops. That last Dairy Queen soft serve about did me in!!

1 comment:

Steph said...

I'm glad that you had a good time.

Steph