Thursday, July 30, 2009

Speak

Tomorrow morning six girls plus myself will pile into a vehicle and head to Greensboro, NC.

I am too excited! I will get to sit under Travis Cottrell and his praise team....these people can usher in the presence of God like nothing I have ever seen. Not to mention, I will get to join in corporate worship with thousands of women. If you have never experienced corporate worship on this scale, I highly recommend you go to one of these conferences. There is something indescribable about being in the midst of that many people lifting high the one and only name of Jesus. Goose bumps galore......and not simply a feeling...but a knowing that the Holy Spirit is there in your midst.

As if that weren't good enough, I get to enjoy several teaching sessions by Beth Moore, Priscilla Shirer, and Kay Arthur.

It is funny to me that I used to only enjoy the worship part of an event like this and not so much the speakers. I don't know when the change occurred, but now opening the Word of God and listening to it speak is matchless for me. Nothing can compare....it is usually in those times of teaching that the Lord hones in and speaks directly to me.

His voice...
His presence...
His affirmation...
His encouragement....
His food for my hungry soul...
His love that fills me to overflowing...
His peace that passes the junk I deal with in my life...

That is what I am expecting!!

Lord, I need you. I am yearning to watch you move in my life this weekend. Fill me with fresh faith. Give me a servant's heart. The secret things that I share with You are causing doubts to creep in. Speak directly to those secret things. Help me endure these days where it seems I question more than I believe. I want to embrace these difficult things because I know they will produce fruit...but sometimes that is too tall of an order for me to do. Remember I am but dust....I want to love you more. Create in me a clean heart...continue to sanctify me even though I hate it.

Speak Lord speak...I am listening.

1 comment:

Jacquelyn Ray said...

Hope yall had a great time! Hurry and blog about it! I can't wait to hear about what God did! Love you