Thursday, July 16, 2009

Words with Power

Luke 1:45
"Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished."

Ps. 119:49-50
"Remember your word to your servant, for you have given me hope. My comfort in my suffering is this; your promise preserves my life.

Just a couple of the verses that I am carrying on me all the time.

My own words are pretty hollow right now, so I opted for better, stronger, truthful, and more power-filled words.

Last night at praise team practice we were singing an old hymn, "Jesus Paid It All".
Some of the words of that song fell fresh on this girl...

I hear the Savior say,
"Thy strength indeed is small
Child of weakness watch and pray
Find in me thine all in all."

Jesus paid it all
All to Him I owe
Sin had left a crimson stain
He washed it white as snow.

Thank you Lord for regarding my weakness. Thank you for inclining Your ear to me. Help me look outward today. Help me resist the enemy and his lies. Help me NOT to turn inward like a selfish child. You have blessed me with every spiritual blessing that is in Christ Jesus, help me walk in them. Help me live them. Help me show You to others who are lost and bound for hell. Give me a burden. Help me remember Your mighty works. Help me remember I serve a HUGE GOD. Help me have an awesome fear of You.

This "child of weakness" loves you and wants to please you.

No comments: