Saturday, July 25, 2009

Happy Birthday

I am so blessed! Last night we continued a long standing tradition that we share with some of our best friends. We gather together for your birthday and you get to choose the menu. I chose pancakes, bacon, hashbrown casserole and a Dairy Queen cake.(can you guess who has the sweet tooth??)
The food and fellowship was wonderful. The last time we did this, we used our time to bless the food to go around the table and everyone got to pray a blessing for the birthday person. I absolutely loved it. I loved praying for my friend in front of them.
Well, last night they did that for me. So humbling!! To hear others pray for you and petition to God on your behalf for blessings, protection, favor, and thanksgiving was pretty awesome.
Have I mentioned I have amazing friends?
This morning I woke up to 3 wiggly giggly children in my bed. They were more excited about my birthday than me. Shep had gone to get me my favorite English Toffee coffee and a Martin's biscuit. He has arranged for me to have a really special day....I am too excited!
Father, thank you for 32 years of life. I love you so much but I want to love you more. Thank you for my family and the friends who are my family. Thank you for abounding grace that I live in every day. Please bless my home. Help me to be the wife, mother, and friend that honors you and leaves the fragrance of Jesus everywhere I go. Be Big in my life Lord....

2 comments:

Steph said...

Hope you have a wonderful birthday and a very blessed next year!

Love ya,
Steph

marjorieellen said...

lOVE THAT PICTURE OF THE FOUR OF YOU, WALKING BAREFOOTED IN THE GRASS. SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
GOD HAS HIS BANNER OVER YOUR FAMILY.
love and blessings,
marje