Monday, July 20, 2009

A Few Reasons to Smile


Shep was out of town this past weekend. I was flying solo from Thursday til Sunday. I must say that God was with me. For those of you who don't know me....I am afraid to stay by myself. Don't ask??
Lots of childhood issues dealing with fear and God is very much working with me to give them all to Him and be FREE of it.



Anyway, Shep was due to come home on Sunday. So, me and the kids went to his parents house on the farm. I took a few photos of us playing outside with some of our cousins.
Caroline and Granny had a great time snuggling on the swing.
Zeke looked edible in his way big Georgia football helmet.
Ava huddled in with me for a close-up shot. The others kids you see are my niece, Ella, and my nephew, Henry.
How cute, huh??
The weekend (alone) was pretty uneventful...except....I hit a deer.
Oh, it was awful. The sound of that terrible thud...I can't forget it soon enough. I had never hit a deer before and, of course, it had to happen while Shep was gone.
One highlight of the weekend was getting to sing to a group of kids helping out with Splash Bartow. Their praise and worship was contagious to say the least. If you want to see a picture of the kids during worship...go to Facebook and check it out on my profile. The picture will give you chills. It was taken from the balcony of the church. It is kind of fuzzy, but you just see the kids in full-out, unashamed praise.


So, now we are back to Monday. A new week...a new day...many new mercies from God's hand and I need them all.
Yesterday's message gripped my heart with conviction about witnessing to the lost world around me. I know God is moving me in the direction of seeking out those who I am to tell about Him.
I am asking Him to show me who.......
I am asking Him to guide me how.....
I am asking Him to tell me when....
Father God, thank you for empowering me this past weekend. I felt your Presence with me. Continue to show me that You are enough, that Your Word stands alone and that You have a plan for me each day. I am listening to whatever you have to say to me. Thank you for patiently working with me on contentment. Thank you for fueling my fire of faith. Thank you for giving me a hunger and a thirst after You alone.


Help me serve.....be Your arms and feet.
Help me not to be offended with others and offer much grace....
Continue to bless my family and raise up my children to love you....
I wait for You.
I believe You.
I trust You.

No comments: