Thursday, July 9, 2009

Still rednecks at this house


My friends have had too much fun laughing at this one.


So, I thought I would share it with my blog friends too.


What you are seeing is an ice tray filled with frozen lemonade. However, the red-neck part of this is too good. When Shep couldn't find toothpicks to hold the popsicles...he opted for tooth flossers.
Priceless, isn't it.
The last entry I posted was very personal to me. I don't think I have fully released this control to God......EVER.
I am having to settle in to the newness of this season.
I know it is right. I know I am being obedient.
I know this is requiring me to trust....to actually LIVE OUT in private what I say I believe in PUBLIC.
The thoughts that I battle are tough.
The enemy tells me that I have "let go" of her healing.
The enemy tells me that it is about time for me to give in.
The enemy says, I told you so.....God doesn't heal anymore.
Of course, I go to battle. I fight him with the Word and prayer. I am powerless without those two things.
It is funny because I thought that stepping out on June 12th was difficult....that was nothing compared to this.
The best way I can share this with you so you understand is a little bit like when a loved one dies and you are grieving. As long as you talk often about them...it keeps them alive.
Well, I feel like because I have "let go" and stopped so much of this talking about her healing that it will be forgotten. Gone. Just a memory. Something that people might remember occasionally but not often.
That is what kills. What I have shouted....stood on....believed...prayed for...is being "let go". It is being placed in the hands of the God who really is in control. But, if I don't talk about it...will anyone?
So, I am learning trust...a new kind. The trust that is lived behind closed doors. The kind that even our closest friends cannot guide us near. It is a trust that has to be chosen and lived by me.
Do I trust him with the last 7 years? Do I trust him right now when he is silent? Do I trust by living each day in hope AND contentment? Do I really trust him with my heart...my deepest desire....my biggest fears?
All I can say is.....it is GO TIME for me. The hurt is still there. The longing has never left. The questions still linger.
While still feeling the full weight of these things...there is something new rising up too. Courage, boldness, strength, confidence, trust, and joy are creeping in to places that were closed before.
This is where he has me.
Can't go over it
Can't go around it
Can't go under it
I have to plow straight ahead into these uncharted waters. I won't turn back....

7 comments:

Tess said...

I'm still cracking up over the tooth picks!!!! Hilarious! Had fun last night :)

Keep pressing on sister!!

marjorieellen said...

I wanted to send something that was unique, different, unusual, a statement that would really surprise you with great spiritual wisdom, and you know what? This is what the Holy Spirit put on my heart to tell you.
GOD CAN AND GOD WILL HEAL CAROLINE.
love, marje

Anonymous said...

Oh my…. those lemonaidflossicles are not only priceless they are speechless! That is flat out hilarious. Which one of you remained calm enough to get them to the freezer? Innovative and talented too.
Your laughing sister in Christ
Elaina

Craig said...

Marje
I needed to read that!!
Thank you.
C

Anonymous said...

OK I am finally over the picture; I think?
Proverbs 17:22
“A cheerful heart is good medicine.” I needed some. Thank you so much.
I wanted to let you know this morning I spoke with my mother and a dear friend. In each conversation I spoke about Caroline’s healing and that it brought joy to my heart watching you grow.
You told me each breathe was difficult; may you find comfort in the following…
Old Testament the Hebrew word ruwach was used when talking about the Holy Spirit. The word means wind, the wind associated with BREATHE! In the New testament the Greek word pheuma was used, which mean to breathe or a breeze. We can think of the Holy Spirit as the “BREATHE OF GOD!”

Your sister in Christ
Elaina

Anonymous said...

I see the change...I hear the change...and I feel the change blowing into you life. This morning as I sat before the Lord and asked Him to fill me with His Spirit head to toe...He gently said you have all of me. I move from the core of your being outward filling every place within you Soul (mind, will, and emotions) as you allow through surrending faith. God is removing those walls and opening the door to miracles. I still believe He is going to heal Carolilne. I love you my daughter. Mom

Francine said...

I needed that laugh! That is hilarious... looks like something my husband would do. On another note I also still believe in GOd's time caroline will be healed but until than praise God you are obediant to go where he needs you to go for now... Praying always and believing till I recieve that post..
Francine