Friday, July 3, 2009

Camouflaged

I'm always amazed at how tenderly God will reveal my sin.

I may wallow in it and "call it" many different things...anger, self-pity, or injustice.

But it all boils down to one word.

The very word that caused the very first sin.

Pride

The enemy doesn't have any new tricks to use against us...so he takes the one thing that he knows will usually work and camouflages it as something different.

No one likes to be called "prideful".

It somehow makes us feel better about ourselves to call it anger or injustice so the blame can ly elsewhere.

However....every single sin has buried beneath it....pride.

Same trick....new name.

I have had some new tough stuff to deal with this week and I have shaken my fists at God in anger and injustice. I wanted to feel justified.

What I felt from Him (after He exposed my sin) was love.

Jesus was nothing if not a servant. Our LORD made Himself a lamb.
The One the angels exalted became the target of humiliation and shame.

Humility, selflessness, meekness....who do you know like this?

It isn't common.

However, this is the direction Jesus is taking me right now. Humble myself before Him. Adore Him. Praise Him. Thank Him. Be in awe of Him. Serve Him. Bask in the realization that He wants to include me in His plan...something amazing.

If we are not careful we begin to think we deserve His blessings....then the enemy jumps in and tells you of all of the blessings you DON'T have.

That is where I have been lately.

Thankfully a love I cannot explain intervened and bent my heart a little closer to His. My pride was before me, yet I didn't feel condemned. I felt better. I felt like I could breathe. I felt free of that burden.

"Love lifted me
Love lifted me
When nothing else could help
Love lifted me."

No comments: