Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Birthday Extended







My group of church friends have a neat tradition. We try to have a girls night out at the birthday girl's favorite restaurant.
I chose Pappasittos because it is a fun atmosphere and they have insanely delicious tortilla chips and homemade tortilla shells.

There is also this spinach and artichoke cheese dip that is so good I would drive the 35 miles out of my way to eat it anytime. I am not a huge fan of spinach or artichokes, but somehow they mask those flavors so that all you taste is the mouth-watering cheesy goodness.


We had fun. We had a super long wait and I must brag on my friends. I offerred to go somewhere else, but they knew that I really wanted Pappasittos so they waited it out. (It was good for you, Brandi :>)

There is something about breaking bread together. It puts us all on equal ground. We feel free to laugh and truly enjoy each other.
Isn't it sweet that we have a God that encourages us to do just that?!?




1 comment:

Frank Bennett said...

I'm so thrilled that you had a great birthday outing with the girls! I'm with you on the Papasita's choice, worth the wait every time. So sorry I missed it:( Maybe next time:) Suzanne