Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Being Real

What I want to type on this blog is that I am living in victory, listening to God's voice, and experiencing His power right now...BUT that would NOT be true.

I am having one of those ("Am I standing in the right line?? I have been in this line for a long, long, long time Lord. Are you sure I am in the right line??) kind of days.

Things are pressing in hard on all sides....how I feel wants to override what I KNOW.

Got unexpected news about a friend's mom
Got unexpected news about family members
Economic strain in my home and in countless others...
Caroline's condition seems so definite and concrete

Just a few of the things on my mind...the truth is I know the ONE who knows all. I know HE adores me and has everything in my life under control. I also know HE will allow me to share in HIS sufferings....to experience life in ways I wish I didn't have to.

This is what makes me real...keeps me humble and hungry for Him...helps me have compassion for others.

Lord, thank you (as honestly as I can mean it) for this pain. Help me endure and conquer.

1 comment:

Caroline Russell said...

Girl- I can not understand all the pain that you are feeling but I do get a little bit of it, and you are right... we are not promised a life without suffering, BUT what he is doing IN you is amazing and refreshing and encouraging. Although that may not be much- I KNOW that GOD is working in AND THROUGH you and I am so thankful to call you my friend. I love you.