Tuesday, February 10, 2009

So sad.......but funny

O.k. so yesterday I started feeling really run down, cold all day, and my voice began to go in and out. I decided to spend most of the evening under a big blanket camped out on the sofa. Shep was really sweet and took the girls out to get me medicine and a movie to rent. They came home and Ava immediately asked if she could watch her movie tomorrow morning...I said "sure".
So- this morning- got up, had my prayer time, and noticed that I felt a little better but my voice sounded rather raspy...I am trying NOT to freak out b/c Kim, Sonya, and I are supposed to sing a 30 minute set tonight at our church for a banquet...I am trusting God to get me and my voice through this evening (I mean the Lord has known about this event for 3 months :>)

So-back to this morning...I put the movie in for Ava and began my morning of getting kids dressed. As I was dressing Caroline, Ava was telling me about the movie that she was watching. It happened to be a princess story with Jasmine. Jasmine was talking to a little boy in this particular scene and Ava said, "Look momma, it Aladdin". I looked at the screen and I said, "No, Ava that is a boy from the market place".

Then Ava said, "Yes it is...it's Aladdin"

I responded, "No, it is just a little boy."

Then I hear, "Yes, it is"

Then it hit me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am arguing with a 3 year old about a ficticious character in a movie that I don't even care about! Are you kidding me?? What have I become?? Heaven, help me!!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Praying that your voice is better for tonight.

Love ya,
Steph