Saturday, February 14, 2009

Presence vs. Fullness

I want to learn so much more about this Holy Spirit that resides in me. This One that guides, speaks of things to come, convicts, changes hearts, counsels, and perfects me into the image of Christ. How is it that the same power that raised Jesus from death and the grave resides within us and we can manage to remain calm and even apathetic???
I want to know Him! I want to see Him work mightily in my life and in the lives of those around me! Can I even say that I want to see the New Testament "Acts" church alive and well today. Physical heeling's, addictions broken, marriages mended, and even the dead raised again.

So.......................getting to my point. We discussed in our Angela Thomas bible study the difference between the presence and fullness of the Holy Spirit in our lives. I believe we all receive the presence of this One....but I do not believe that all are filled to full measure....living abundantly...with the fullness of the Holy Spirit. I know that if I am so full of myself or things of this world...I don't leave much room for this amazing One to work fully in my life.

Anyway, just some of my thoughts...

1 comment:

marjorieellen said...

You KNEW that I would be making a comment!! Praise the Lord, the Holy Spirit is revealing HIMSELF to you and as you continue to seek that relationship, HE will become more REAL and you will discern HIS voice, answering your every question.
Right on, my sweet Andrea, you want to be Spirit led.
marje