Monday, February 2, 2009

Prayer Organized

I am not good at prayer. I don't know many people who are...most of us like to talk but have a hard time listening. Another bothersome issue of prayer is how overwhelming my requests have become...
my family
my marriage
Shep's business
extended family
special friends
ministry opportunities
my church
church staff and families
our President and family
our Vice-Pres. and family
military and families
different folks who need healing
and the list just goes on.....and on......and on.....and on.

Sometimes I don't want to tackle prayer b/c I grow weary in all that I need to pray about and I wonder, "Do I have to pray for all of that every single time I pray".

So, God offered me a solution. He made me the way I am....I love lists and organizing things. So why not prayer too?? This may sound too technical and non-spiritual, but I did it anyway. I have organized my prayer by the days of the week.

Monday-my country, leadership of country, sin in our country, salvation's for our country

Tuesday- my church, staff and families, boldness for body of Christ, missionaries

Wednesday-the lost people all around me and opportunities to share my faith

Thursday-ministry opportunities, the military and families, wars and terrorism

Friday-specific healing for Caroline and others, anointing and filling of Holy Spirit in my life

Saturday-extended family, close friends (blessings, protection, provision)

Sunday-simply thankfulness and praise

I DID NOT organize my personal stuff much....

*****I have asked God to allow me to simply talk to him about my personal stuff all through out the day. It is kind of like that with a close friend anyway, right?? We talk to our close friends continually about our families and personal things in our lives.

So, today was my first day in the endeavor. It was great!!!!!! This may sound crazy, but I enjoyed my time so much more. I didn't feel overwhelmed or frazzled. I could really just pray.

I knew God could use my control issues for my good and His glory!! Amen!!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Andrea,

I love how you organized your prayer time. I don't think it is too technical and I beleive that it was lead by the Holy Spirit. "Colossians 4:2
Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving." You aren't keeping alert with Thanksgiving if you are overwhelmed.

Love ya,
Steph

Frank Bennett said...

Love it! So good to hear about how you organized everything. I think I might copy this idea:) Hey, thanks for praying for us, prayer makes a difference and changes things!!!
hugs! Suzanne