Saturday, February 7, 2009

Interrupted Lives and Blue Cords...

It is gorgeous here is Georgia. Don't know where you are, but I hate it that you are missing all this sunshine that we are enjoying.

God's theme in my life lately has been submission to where He has me right now. In Bible study---we discussed "being called to a holy and righteous wait".

I just returned from a Priscilla Shirer conference (so stinking good :>) and her theme was "What do we do when God interrupts our lives?" Well for me those are one and the same...kind of.

God interrupted my life 6 and a half years ago when he gave me the honor of being the mother of a severely disabled child. I DID NOT have that planned. Since then, we have lived life, but we have been promised a supernatural healing. So-----I have not only been interrupted but I have also been called "to a holy and righteous waiting period" until her healing is complete.

Choosing to see this as an opportunity for God to work miraculously in my life is a big deal. I truly don't know why he chose me for this undertaking. It seems too BIG. Well, that is just what He planned. It has to be too BIG---He knows I must lean on Him for divine intervention.

Anyway, in case your life has been divinely interrupted by something that you don't like or didn't expect....you are in great company. Just ask: Moses, Abraham, Jacob, Job, David, etc...

On a completely different note: thank you ladies for asking to wear those blue cords. It means the world to me that you would wear something that shows everyone that you are believing God with me for Caroline's healing.

God has placed it on my heart to wear a blue leather cord bracelet around my right wrist (yes, this was taken from Beth Moore's "Believing God") until Caroline is healed. I have had one on since June. More and more of my friends have asked to join me.......it makes my heart swell. I thank you from the bottom of my heart and I know God is pleased to see His kids with such BIG FAITH!!

(If you are reading this and you want to wear one also, you can buy the leather cording at Hobby Lobby):>)

1 comment:

Tess said...

I love having a physical reminder of what I'm believing! Thank you for putting mine on today ;)

God rocked my world today as He SHOWED HIMSELF OFF at the conference!!! I know we'll have so much to talk about next time we hang out. Thanks for your encouragment sister. I love ya.
T.