Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Update on ex-shoppaholic and Caroline

My nerves are a tad on edge. We have hit a symphonic high in my house during the last 30 minutes. Ava was taking care of the whining.....Zeke had shreiking/screaming down and Caroline was well into a full blown fit. And our men wonder why a tiny bit of crying doesn't bother us at all???

I am trying to get serious here and collect my thoughts. I was tested today as I went out shopping for a few NEEDED items and errand running. I will say that I passed the test, but the cute little girl brown bathing suit with polka dots was oh so tempting. But, the freedom was that the credit cards were cut up so I didn't have a choice. Plus....we couldn't afford them nor do we need them, yet.

So-this is still in process. I will say that it is refreshing though. The place that the "idol" was in my life is being filled by more of Holy Spirit. I am fully convinced of that. I find that I am satisfied more easily with Him and I am constantly looking for ways to hear and see my Lord at work around me...instead of constantly thinking about material things....(what I don't have or what I would like to get) God really did mean that His yoke is easy and His burden is light. The truth is we don't want to lay down what we think we love...when all the time He knows that the place we are trying to fill can only be filled fully by Him. Keep praying for me...I gotta long way to go!!

As far as an update on my Caroline...nothing much new to tell. She is strong-willed and sweet. I still don't see any visible signs of healing but I am trusting all the same. These days of not seeing will all too soon turn to blessed sight and the world will be amazed that a lame little girl who couldn't eat, talk, play, or walk will be made completely whole.

In the mean time...the enemy loves to tell me that she won't be healed. Pray hard that I resist him and speak out God's promises instead! In Him there is unbelieveable hope!!

(Another friend dreamed of her this week....running and dancing!!!!:>) I can't wait!!!!!!!

No comments: