Wednesday, February 18, 2009

He has a way!!

If you prayed for me yesterday...thank you. My Lord's mercy and goodness was with me all day long regardless of how I may have felt. I am trying to acknowledge Him more than the feelings...I am still learning.

Anyway, if you want to know what jolted me out of my selfish stupor??? It was watching the show "17 and Counting" on TLC. This family is amazing. Regardless of how you may feel about their religious beliefs, you must admit they are refreshing to watch. So- last night I am sitting there after "feeling" kind of sad and gloomy all day. I am watching this episode where the dad takes the older of the 17 children on a mission trip to El Salvador. They visit orphanages and visit families where many children live without so much as a plastic tarp as the roof over their heads....there is much death, disease, and dread among these people.

I began to look around at my beautiful home, my plush, comfy chair that I am enjoying at that very moment and I am grieved at myself.
I am SO FAT with BLESSINGS that I don't even see them all around me!! Oh, Lord forgive me for being ungrateful. I know I will have hard days and even sad days....but let me see your blessings that surround me. They are right here...my husband, my children, my home, my friends, my health, my church, my vehicles, my heat and air conditioning.(not even kidding)
Oh-----what spoiled brats we can be!!! Thank you Lord for simply showing me a dose of reality without one bit of condemnation. I love and praise you!!

Thank you for ALL that you are going to DO!

(***** on a slightly weird note...as I am typing this right now...the tornado alarm is sounding outside....I think I'll go get my kids and take cover now******

No comments: