Monday, May 11, 2009

Faith for sale???

Faith.

Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for, and certain of what we do not see."

As I walk through my faith journey...I wonder how many times I have sold my faith.
When I was scared...
When I was prideful...
When I was in sin...
When I didn't like the circumstances...
When I was being selfish...
When it seemed that God had all but vanished...

See, I am amazed at how carelessly I have sold my faith in exchange for lies.

"Do it the easy way.."
"Doesn't that feel better..."
"Aren't you glad you don't look so stupid..."
"Why should you have to sacrifice..."
"God doesn't really care about your situation...:

I am here again.

Sitting at a crossroad.

I want to just sell it. I want to just say.....whatever....I am tired of this.

What is so interesting to me is how quickly others help us in this. Others (not meaning to) will aid us in our abandonment of faith. They will give us lists of pros and cons. They will tell us to think logically. They will talk about what seems best for those involved.

As I look through the pages of God's Word....I see very little logic....I see very little weighing of pros and cons...I see very little of doing what seems best.

To the many people who know our story...or any time I get to share it...I get a positive response.

People love the idea of miraculous healing. They really want to see a miraculous healing.

But, how many people are living day in and day out BANKING ON IT to happen??

It really is quite simple.
God has told us He is going to heal Caroline.
We believe it will be soon.
It goes against anything logical.
It defies medicine.
It is really hard to imagine.

So, I sit here typing all of this. Shep and I have firmly made a decision that does NOT seem logical. It doesn't seem like it is beneficial. It makes others criticize our decision and our motive.

But....no matter how stupid I feel....I won't sell my faith to appease my ego.

I won't sell my faith because I can't make things make sense.

I won't sell my faith because others question my judgement.

I won't sell my faith because my knees are shaking...and I hate the unknown.

I won't sell my faith so I can make my life easier....

I won't sell my faith...

Echoing Nehemiah in chapter 6 where time and time again he has been threatened, conspired against, and intimidated as he does what God has told him to do....

"I am about a great work and I cannot come down".

Andrea's translation

"I am about God's great work in my life; my faith in His calling is NOT for sale".

3 comments:

Jacquelyn Ray said...

I love you sister. I am so encouraged and inspired by you.

Tess said...

That-a-way to stand up girl! You, WE, are NOT selling our Faith!!! Shout it out! I just know He's looking down on you and He's so proud...

Anonymous said...

Together... my daughter we are climbing this mountain of faith and we will not come down.

Together...my daughter we are claiming His promise of healing and we will not loose hope.

Together...my daughter we will sings songs of jubilation for the day is drawing near. Mom