Thursday, May 7, 2009

Wow! What a day!

(So far things are looking good with my friend's daughter...more on that later)

So today...

God woke me at 5:00 a.m. sharp. Some days I really hate that....but today I felt fine about getting right up. I ventured into our den and piled up in my (and Shep's) favorite red chair. I just sat still and began to pray...silently to myself.

I knew He could hear and He was all I cared about. Normally I don't pray quietly b/c I easily lose my train of thought. But, this morning it went really well.

I talked to Him about some regular things and some requests as well. He knows that anything I lay bare before Him is important to me. I specifically asked him for "a word" and "encouragement" about Shep's business, His vision for our lives, and Caroline's healing.

After praying, I worked on the last day of my Bible study. At some point it lead me to Jeremiah 33. When I finished with the study...I felt lead to keep studying His Word. I am NOT one of those people who can just automatically KNOW where to go in the Word. So, I started where my Bible was opened...Jeremiah 33 and some of 34.

I read it once. Certain phrases and verses literally jumping off of the page at me.
I read it again. Nope! It wasn't my imagination...certain things I had prayed were being addressed.

I prayed and asked God to re-direct me if I was taking this out of context.

So, I read it again.
And again.
And again.

I started circling the verses in my Bible. I really couldn't get over it. I felt like He was all over this...and just think if I hadn't gotten up??? Was He really speaking? Hadn't I prayed and asked for His Word to speak??

Specifically...some encouragement was given about Shep's business and our finances.
Specifically...some encouragement was given about my city and church.
Specifically...God graciously grinned on me asking Him to reveals such secrets...check out Jer. 33:3.

If you were to read these chapters....you may think I am crazy. It may seem foreign that Jeremiah speaking to God's chosen people so many years ago could be relevant to me...right now!
But...it is. It was and is so powerful.

I mentioned a couple of posts ago about God using the number 7 in relation to Caroline.

This morning was no different. I even prayed specifically about that very thing. Does it surprise you that God happened to use the number 7 again?

In chap. 34 Jeremiah is talking about Jews being slaves. There was a certain agreement that after working for 6 years...these people would be released and set free on the 7th year.

I couldn't help but think....this is her (Caroline) 7th year.

Will she be freed from living as a slave in this body for the last 6 years?? A slave in the way that she is so limited by her disability. Not being able to speak, eat, sit, stand, run, dance or play.

I broke out in some cold chills!!

So, I got to share all of this with Shep...got the kids ready...and headed out for my day. I prayed quickly in the car that God would continue to confirm these things to me.

You won't believe what happened about 10 minutes later. My friend (the one with the daughter in the hospital) sent me a text that read, "Caroline will be 100% healed. We just finished praying for her".

HOLY COW!!!

How did she know I asked for confirmation?
How did she know what I prayed this morning?
How did she know?

I text ed her back and tried to explain my excitement. I was so moved that God was allowing this to happen. When I asked her why she was praying and why she sent me that text...she wrote back saying, "God prompted me to pray for you this morning at 4:51a.m. (Remember God woke me at 5:00)

At this point I am floating on air as I go to church to facilitate Bible study. I am just full of joy and excitement over my morning.

One of my sweet ladies in the study had given me a charm bracelet a while back. She just-so-happened to talk to me this-particular morning to explain to me that the bracelet had been passed around from person to person in need of healing. She told me that I should let Caroline wear it.

So----I sit down to prepare to watch the video and I decided I better write all of this down in my book before I lose it or don't remember (and believe me..the enemy wants us to forget).

Wouldn't you know when I went to write the date I couldn't believe that it hadn't already hit me.

Today is the 7th.

..and it just happens to be the National Day of Prayer!!

3 comments:

PDABBS said...

I was so touched by this , this am you dont even know.. Thanks for sharing. I have enjoyed your Bible Study..

Anonymous said...

I just want you to know that God really uses your blog entries to speak to me and tell me things. Thank you for sharing all of these blogs, I learn so much through them. :]

Frank Bennett said...

Wow, what an awesome God we worship and serve!!!! I just read a few of your recent blogs, I LOVE to hear how God is moving and speaking in your life. What an encouragement! What a testimony! I love that you have written this all down and that after Caroline is healed you will have this to record of God's faithfulness to share with others who will be struggling. I wait/long with you sweet sister with GREAT expectation until the day of THE great healing of Caroline. I am so excited that God brought us here so I can be witness to his mighty work in your family. Praise HIM and hold on!!!! Suzanne