Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Who is Betty Baxter??

My last two days have been a whirlwind. We have had a dress rehearsal for ballet, rehearsal for the school recital, doctor's visit, actual school recital and we rounded out today with Caroline in the Bartow Special Olympics.

Hopefully I can get some pictures posted soon. I have some cute ones to show.

Anyway, I got to spend some time with my mom today. She was gone all last week and we had a lot to catch up on. God is doing some wild things in her life right now...most of which were prophesied to her five years ago...they are just coming to fruition right now before our eyes and it is amazing to see. Hopefully I can share more of that later....but let's just say that I actually got to hold a Bible study written by my mom in my hands. I have watched her labor and write this study; I have also watched her live through this study.

I cannot wait to see where God takes her....speaking engagements and more studies are sure to follow. (Do you see the shoes I have to fill and walk in...she is leaving me a mighty strong legacy.)

The title of this blog was supposed to get your attention. A friend of mine gave me an encouraging note that directed me to read Betty Baxter's story. I had never heard of her...I didn't know where to look.

So..............I googled it.

WHO KNEW!!!

There is was. An amazing faith-filled story of a woman who was miraculously healed as a child. Not only was she healed....God told her the day and hour she would be healed. I was blown away....and encouraged beyond belief.

I am so grateful to my friend for suggesting that I read about her. I wonder about the timing of all of this....

I ask God all the time if He will tell me when He plans to heal Caroline...so far I haven't gotten anything that specific. The number 7 comes to me often, but who knows.....

This story just blew air into my sails and allowed me to experience a grand healing....one I hope that is much like the healing He has planned for my little girl.

If you want to be thrilled and encouraged...if you need a jolt and just want to see that God is the same today, yesterday, and forever.....

then....go to your home page.....go to the google section.....and type in: Betty Baxter story.

Then sit, read, be awestruck, and praise Jesus for what He did and what HE is going to do!!!

Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You tube...Kari Jobe "You are for me"

Anonymous said...

Our day together still lingers in my mind as one of the sweetest and most intimate times we have spent together. All the days of pain and sorrow seem to be getting dimmer. Iwill never forget your face as you shared where you are with our great God in these days of waiting. You words of support and honor filled my heart with courage and joy! I love you dearly,

Mom

Anonymous said...

God abruptly woke a Catholic girl sending her to a Baptist church one Sunday. What if I went back to bed? What if others needed to see a girl's willingness to listen to the voice of God? What if I need to hear scripture? Honestly I felt out of place and foolish however my greatest fear is what if I didn't listen at all?

To answer the what if's....There would be a revival in our souls and in the Body of Christ, it would be awesome. God would smile.

Sounds like Mande needs to make a special dress for Caroline.

Listening and acting is very hard to do.....Keeping with my promise to God, to listen and act....Last night I was encouraged to write Caroline a Birthday greeting. After reading your blog this morning I will send it early in the event you want to type it nicely for the 11th.

My Precious Caroline
On this glorious day catch a glimpse of my incredible love for you.
I have chosen you.
You are holy and loved.
My all seeing lamp has searched out your very spirit and your inmost being.
I know the real you.
I know when you sleep and when you rise.
I perceive your lovely thoughts.
My right hand holds you tight.
I created your inmost being; I knitted you together in your mother's womb.
I have written your name in my book before you came to be.
You are so precious to me.
I am continuously thinking good thoughts of you.
Thoughts that outnumber all the grains of sand in the entire world.
Happy seventh Birthday my precious child.
Love,
Your Heavenly Father
Ephesians 3:17; Colossians 3:12; Proverbs 20:27; Psalm 139

I will praise God for Caroline's healing.

shopaholicsrus said...

Are there pics of her before miracle not that I need them just would love to share with her testimony

shopaholicsrus said...

Are there pics of her before miracle not that I need them just would love to share with her testimony

Anonymous said...

I WILL ASK RELATIVES...SHE WAS MY MOMS COUSIN.....WE TALKED ABOUT HER AT A RECENT FUNERAL

Bennie said...

I truly believe that God will do the same for all of us. However it was not an easy path for Betty Baxter before she got healed. Would have loved to meet her in person and asked her to pray for me.