Saturday, May 16, 2009

A time for everything...

A dear friend gave me a quote that she had found and I find it comforting during this time when I can't make things make sense.

The quotes says..."If God were small enough to understand...He would not be BIG enough to worship".

You may not like that quote or even think that it doesn't make sense, but on this day, I need to hear that He is so BIG and He is holding all things together. I need to know that He is not missing any thing going on down here. I need to know that HE is in our midst....comforting, encouraging, strengthening, empowering, pruning, and working...His will and His way.

The prayer requests I entered on my last blog have mostly been answered.

Melissa, praise Jesus, is doing good.

My brother, praise Jesus, is being sustained.

My sister in Christ, Rhetta, has gone on to be with Jesus. It was NOT what I wanted.

Here is where I remind God that I am dust (formed by His hands) and I just don't get it. This was a vibrant woman. A servant of her God and devoted wife and mother. I taught her precious daughter in Sunday school her 10-11th grade years. I hurt for Hannah.

She is a special young lady. God has BIG things for her. I know from experience that when BIG things await you....God has to get you ready. I also know (from experience) that there is no better training ground than pain.

I hate even saying that....but it is true.

Pain takes us to places of surrender, compassion, and desperation that we would never go on our own.

He knows it too.

Anyway, I feel like I am sounding really gloomy, I want to rejoice in My GREAT GOD!!

I told Him I would praise Him no matter what...and I will!!

Please continue to pray for Hannah and her sister and dad. They are grieving terribly. God will grant the grace that is needed for healing....

I want to agree with King Solomon and praise the Lord...

Ecc. 3: 1-8

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to rebuild,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

vs. 14 I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere Him. "

We don't have to understand to still stand in awe, even with our hearts broken, and revere a mighty and gracious God.

1 comment:

Frank Bennett said...

girl, you get it, preach on....
LOL Suzanne