Friday, May 15, 2009

Need to Intercede

My Almighty God...

You alone are worthy of praise. You are patient and long-suffering for us. You are kind, you are gracious, and you give strength to the weak.
My heart is joyful to know with assurance that I have a God who hears me and thinks that what is on my heart is important to Him.
I come before you, Lord with a heart that is heavy. In just the last hour I have heard of several prayer requests that have broken me up.

For Paul, (my brother) oh God I cry out and ask for strength during this time. Protect him from the evil one. As he sits on that jury, give him clarity, peace, and a sense of Your purpose. Where he should be merciful...help him to be. When he should stand for what is just and right...help him to do so. As he has to listen to brutal testimonies and see gruesome pictures...keep his mind guarded from what the enemy would tell him. Surround my brother with your protective angels. Help him to sleep peacefully. God, do BIG things in Paul's life...use this time for Your preparation. Give him assurance of Your power and presence during this time.

For Melissa, I just pray for peace for her and her family. As the questions surround them, I pray for clarity and healing. God, I pray that they would cling to You during this time and find strength in Your Word. Hem them in...before and after...let them sense you so strongly. If there is anything to this issue I ask you to please heal her.

For Hannah, Tiffany, and Rhetta...
Father, I sit here so stunned at this news. Tears brim over as I imagine how they must be processing this news. It seems there is such sadness. We KNOW You are on Your throne. You give and You take away. But Lord, in our human-ness we don't know any other emotion than sorrow. WE BOLDLY ASK FOR HEALING. Every scar you bear on your back was done for our emotional and physical healing. We also know that Heaven is our final destination and if we really knew how amazing it was....we would want to go now. But Father, we can't imagine that. We trust it, but we can't imagine it. We just know that we don't want to lose our loved ones. This momma wants to see her daughters marry and have children. These girls desperately want their mother to live and stand as a mighty testimony of Your healing and power. I know no other way than to plead with you. Lord, there are instances in Your Word where You changed Your mind....if You are planning to take Rhetta...could we be so bold as to ask You to change Your mind.

Give us all strength, wisdom, and discernment in these difficult days. Draw us to prayer and time in Your Word for rest and restoration. Help us love how You love, give how You give, and fight hard because in You we already have VICTORY.

We trust You when it hurts. We say it even when it doesn't seem possible. We choose to believe You. You are good. You are right.

I long to see You show-off. I see Your hand at work all around me. I sense Your presence in the midst of these struggles.

BE BIG GOD. BE BIG.
Show Your Power!!

No matter what....we WILL praise You...the One who suffered for us.

No comments: