Monday, May 4, 2009

Secrets with God

CRAZY!!

That would be one word to describe this past weekend. It could also easily describe the next couple of weeks in my life.

So much going on...so many obligations...appointments....meetings....the list goes on...

Anyway, tucked inside this packed weekend was a wonderful couple of hours. I was surrounded by praise-filled women at a local church. This is not my home church but it is an awesome church and the pastor's wife invited me to be her guest at the Spring Ladies' Event. She bought me a ticket and sent it in the mail.

My day (Saturday) was beyond crazy so at first I blew if off because I thought that there was no possible way that I could attend.

However, Shep really encouraged me to go. He somehow knew (Holy Spirit) that it would be good for me.

So...I went.

I walked in and knew a few people there. It was decorated in a springtime decor...pretty tables and pretty ladies and delicious food. I felt welcomed and suddenly, even strangely, excited to be there. It was like I knew I was going to receive something.

My seat was at the front table next to Ms. Becky...this is the pastor's wife. She was busying around doing her duties so I sat down and took in the view. I noticed that two seats over there was a woman sitting there pouring over her notes. I knew instinctively that she was going to be our speaker.

I felt led to pray for her so I silently lifted her up and asked God to anoint her and give her power through her words.

I need to mention that one of the little things that had already gotten my attention was our table number. It was 7.

To you...that may not mean anything. But God knows (it is one of our secrets) that the number 7 has great significance to me. It means perfection, complete, or whole. These past 6+ years with Caroline have been peppered with inferences to that number....and her healing....maybe because we believe she will be completely healed....hence the number meaning "complete or whole".

Back to it...

So Ms. Becky came to sit and introduced me to the speaker. She was an attractive woman...probably late 40's or so. I told her that I had prayed for her. She thanked me and went on to tell me that the story she would be telling would be hard for her to re-tell.

It turns out her daughter (23 yrs. old) had been in a horrible car accident. Her car hydroplaned off of the side of a cliff. She was not expected to live. She was in a neck brace, tube down her throat, feeding tube inserted, many bones broken and several organs were cut and torn. Several of her vertebrae had been completely broken...one of them is the vertebrae that causes instant paralysis.

This mother prayed. This mother believed. This mother looked at a seemingly impossible situation and asked God for the impossible to be done.

I won't go through the entire ordeal...but it was horrendous, painful, difficult, expensive, and exhausting. I understood why she had such heartache when she retold this story.

But...4 years later...her daughter (the one who should have been paralyzed, wheel-chair bound and g-tube fed) is now 100% HEALED!!

PRAISE GOD!!! Shep was right I needed to be there. God had secrets to whisper to me through out her entire testimony.

"Andrea, I still do this"
"People still testify to my miracles"
"I see your plight"
"I understand your pain and see each tear"
"I came through for her and I will come through for you"

These were the secrets I felt Him telling me the whole time. I cried (the good kind) like a baby. I felt so encouraged. My heart was overflowing with praise and thanksgiving.

God intended for me to be there. He made sure I got that invite in the mail. He had a date with me in that church. I felt Him all around me....literally like I was being held by the One who can read my mind and answer me back with secrets.

It was sweet and surreal.

Ps. 44:21 "God would surely have known it, for he knows the secrets of every heart."

1 comment:

Tess said...

Oh I love this. LOVE THIS! I love Him..He's so good. I'm glad He whispers secrets in our ears :)