Friday, May 29, 2009

Hard Ground



Today is Friday...day four of summer break.

It has been a good week. I am thankful that this was a short week...thanks to Memorial Day. It helped to gently break me into the new routine.


This past Monday evening, Shep decided to plant us girls a flower garden. Ava loves flowers...and more than that, she loves picking flowers. My mother-in-law gave me some ideas of a few fast growing flowers and we gave it a try.

I say "we". Shep did ALL of the work part...we watched, cheered him on, and threw in the seeds.

As I watched him till the ground. I was amazed at the difficulty of the job. He worked for a long time on a very small piece of ground. It had to be plowed up and worked through to make the soil fit for planting.

As you might imagine....God spoke to me through this.


He diligently works, digs, tills, and turns the hard ground in my life...


Pride, unbelief, resentment, jealousy, bitterness, deceit, doubt, arrogance, etc....


It is hard for Him and for me. It requires work on His part, and it requires me allowing Him to work.


(I hope you enjoyed the pictures of my man and his little girls working on their flower garden...hopefully we can show you the results of all that work soon!)
Tomorrow is my anniversary. Shep and I have been marred 11 years....


I still know that he is "the one" for me. God chose him....and I am still thrilled with God's choice for me. I respect him immensely and I look forward to every adventure we have ahead of us...it also doesn't hurt that my hearts still skips a beat when I get a glance of him. He is my eye candy!!!


Continue to pray for me and Shep. God is speaking some pretty cool things to us. I want to share, but don't feel exactly free to do it just yet...but maybe soon. Waiting on God and expecting to hear Him is NOT for the faint of heart....


Oh, how He is building our faith muscles......

No comments: