Monday, June 1, 2009

11 years.....and a Monday

Shep and I celebrated our 11th anniversary on Saturday. We had a gorgeous sunny day that we mostly spent on the motorcycle. My parents and Linda watched the kids for the day so that we could have the entire day together.

It was one of those days that I didn't want to end.

He surprised me with the gift he got for me. In his spare time (which there is none) Shep had gone to many special locations that held significance to us over these past 11 years. He took a picture of the door of each location.

-the church where we married
-the restaurant where we met
-the house he lived in when we met
-the house he lived in when we got married
-our first rental house
-the second house we lived in
-the hospital where Caroline was in the NICU
-the third house we lived in
and other special spots.

He then put these pictures in an album and wrote in poem style some type of descriptive phrase under each photo. Can I just say priceless????

Those places......those days....have shaped us into the people we are. Memories forever etched into my brain that are so dear to me.

His thoughtfulness and effort was unbelievable. He wanted me to feel special....to know that he remembers each event...each place....each milestone...

That was Saturday......Today is Monday.

Oh my, what a day??

2 kids at the doctor
2 hours at doctor's office
3 prescriptions given
2 ears infected
1 horrible diaper rash
1 failed vision test
5 shots given
3 more appointments made
2 kids screaming relentlessly

Need I say more???

No comments: