Thursday, June 25, 2009

Choose

"A man of sorrows....."

"Well acquainted with grief....."

These are a couple of the phrases that represent our Lord.

I don't like them. These phrases mean that I will have to endure sorrow and be acquainted with grief.

I would much prefer to focus on the miraculous, all-powerful, mighty, conquering, and victorious attributes of God.

However, we are created in His image....we are His workmanship.

That means that we must encompass ALL of His attributes....not just the ones we prefer.

I broke down.
I felt rejected.
I felt tired.
I wanted relief.
I felt smothered with questions.
I felt mocked by the enemy
.

So, what did God do for me at this point??

He came near.

He brought a friend at the most perfect time.

He released me to go be with Him.

He spoke to me from His Word...and still listened when I had my fit.

He spoke gently of my pain and said that IT IS NOT WASTED!

Others will be encouraged and strengthened in future days because of these trying days. I will be able to have compassion and a better understanding of those who are hurting....IF I HURT too.

We run to Jesus during our times of sorrow because He endured sorrow.

He showed me that this pain WILL SERVE ITS PURPOSE and that I will be nourishment to others because of it.

So....I CHOOSE to take a hit for the team. I CHOOSE not to be offended because He hasn't given me all of the answers. I CHOOSE to deal with it although I don't like it. I CHOOSE not to give up but to press in even more. I CHOOSE to accept this sorrow and grief that grips my heart. I CHOOSE to do so and still smile and still serve...and still believe HIM for the miracle to come.

May my faith be strengthened.

Is. 53:2b-6
He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.
He was despised and rejected by men,
a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering.
Like one from whom men hide their faces
he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Surely he took up our infirmities
and carried our sorrows,
yet we considered him stricken by God,
smitten by him, and afflicted
But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned his own way;
and the LORD has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.

1 comment:

Palin-Berry 2012 said...

I stand in faith with you for Caroline's healing. By His stripes, we ARE healed.

From the top of her head to the soles of her feet, I speak the healing power of Jesus Christ and plead the blood over her and your entire family.

Claim your miracle. God is a good God.

Your neighbor,
Deanna Berry