Thursday, June 18, 2009

The part YOU played

I feel like I left something out yesterday. The more I thought on this Cinderella analogy, the more the Lord fleshed it out for me.

Did you notice that Cinderella's friends played a huge role? They toiled right along with her....they hoped, they put themselves into it, and they were just as excited for her.

Doesn't that sound like most of you??

Last week, ALL of my friends (and some I don't even know) hoped, prayed, put their faith out there, and were just as excited as me and Shep.

When Cinderella's dress was ripped and torn by her enemy....her friends were just as crushed.

Thank you all for being willing to be crushed with us.

I asked the Lord yesterday, "Why did you even make me put the dress on? If I had never put on the dress of hope and expectancy, all of this pain could have been avoided."

The answer didn't come immediately...just thoughts that came to me.

-the story wouldn't have been as great without the pain....
-if the fairy godmother had showed up first....her friends couldn't have gotten personally involved.
(Isn't it funny that her friends were used by the fairy godmother to carry her to the ball? The fairy godmother transformed them into different objects that were designed for the trip.)
-I believe God will transform those around us who have gotten involved personally. He will transform them and they will never be the same. He will take them further in their faith so that they will be better equipped for the journey in their own life.

Praise You Lord!!

I will leave you with a sweet picture in your head. Yesterday Caroline was at a friend's house and she was in the middle of all of them on the floor. She turned to her tummy and began doing what looks like push-ups. She will muster up as much strength as her little arms have and push her head and chest up. Immediately everyone around her started clapping and cheering for her. She thoroughly enjoyed the attention and responded with her own laughter.

Ava suddenly left the circle and headed to a corner in the room.

When asked where she was going....she simply replied, "I am going to pray for Caroline!"

Let us keep praying. Keep watching. Keep being filled with courage, strength, perseverance, faith, joy, peace, love, and HOPE!!

Holy Spirit come again today and work in me....lest I fall apart.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I was strengthened in my "walk with Christ" through all that happened. I have since come to realize that the infusion of hope and courage I walked in on June 12was a wonderful gift from God. I am still believing and still expecting to see God miracuously heal Caroline. My sweet Ava, such a beautiful expression of true childlike faith. I am reminded that her steps of faith are spontaneous and pure of heart. Thanks you Father for showing us how to move forward through the actions of a 4 year old...my Ava Ruth. I love you my pretty and courageous daughter. Mom

Steph said...

I can't even begin to put into words the impact that you and your family have had on me. Praise the Lord, I am not the same person who first walked into Sunday School class a year ago.

Love you,
Steph